What is an EZ Username/Password?
If you don't want to sign in to your library account each time with your library card number and last name, you can instead create an EZ Username and EZ Password. To do so:
- Visit metrolibrary.org and click My Account at the top.
- Enter all the digits of your library card number. Your password or PIN is your full last name. Click Log In.
- If you have an ECARD number, enter that word along with the trailing digits with no spaces between them. For example: ecard1234567
- If your card number has a lowercase letter "c" at the end, do not include it when you enter your card number.
- Click on Your name's Account at the top right and then click on EZ Username. Your Username is not case-sensitive, can be a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, and must be at least one character long.
- Enter your EZ Password. Your Password is case-sensitive, can be a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, and must be at least one character long.
If you ever forget your EZ Password, you can sign in with your library card number and your last name in order to reset it. If you have a valid email address on record, the "Forgot your EZ password?" link on the catalog's login page will email you directions on how to reset it. Be sure to check your spam folder for this email as we know that some email providers like Gmail mark it as spam.
If you don't have a valid email address on record or enter an incorrect EZ Username, you will see the error message 'An error has occurred. See your library staff for assistance.'